Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Book Review - "Ninja Gaiden", Worlds of Power - Блогове - ПУЛСАР ФОРУМ
Покажи RSS Feed

Mach Rider

Book Review - "Ninja Gaiden", Worlds of Power

Гласувай за статията
Един от компонентите в изпита ми по Английски в края на годината е предварително написана рецензия на книга. Предвид факта, че преподавателят ми по Английски също е голям почитател на ретро игрите, реших да доставя удоволствие както на себе си, така и на него и да пиша за "Ninja Gaiden" - романче от поредицата "Worlds of Power", базирана на NES класики.
Предварително се извинявам, че ви го представям в оригиналния вариант на Английски и че е малко кратко (макар, че едвам го вместих в ограничението за броя думи).

Ninja Gaiden

Ninja Gaiden is a novel by Peter Lerangis (under the pen-name Al Singer), part of the
Worlds of Power series. Based on the popular NES game of the same name, the book is an action-packed adventure, taking place in 1980s America.

The plot follows the exploits of young ninja Ryu Hayabusa, who leaves Japan in order to avenge his father’s death. During his travels throughout the US, Ryu is recruited by Foster, head of the Special Auxiliary Unit of the CIA, to help stop the mysterious Guardia de Mieux (also known as “The Jaquio”), who seeks to put mankind to its knees. Hayabusa, learning that these events are tied to his father’s past, accepts and, accompanied by a female agent, travels down the Amazon to face Jaquio…

Ninja Gaiden is one of the most story-driven games of its era, therefore a perfect candidate to be adapted as a novel. The gripping plot is one of its greatest strengths and, fortunately, most of the events featured in-game are transferred here and are greatly expanded upon. Being that the book is geared towards a younger audience, several changes were made, such as the main character’s age, to keep things more kid-friendly. Some of these changes, however, make certain plot-points seem implausible and will probably disappoint fans of the source-material.

While definitely exploiting the ninja fad and video-game craze of its day, Ninja Gaiden does better than most and delivers a thrilling adventure, while also exploring other themes such as growing into manhood, making it an interesting read for children and adults alike. Widely considered as the best book in theseries, it comes highly recommended for all ninja and video-game lovers.

Запиши си "Book Review - "Ninja Gaiden", Worlds of Power" в Digg Запиши си "Book Review - "Ninja Gaiden", Worlds of Power" в del.icio.us Запиши си "Book Review - "Ninja Gaiden", Worlds of Power" в StumbleUpon Запиши си "Book Review - "Ninja Gaiden", Worlds of Power" в Google

Ключови думи: book, nes, ninja gaiden, nintendo, review, video-game
Категории
Игри , Други

Коментари

1. Аватара на TheGrimReaper
    Nice review indeed. It is quite evident that you are expressing your love towards the game, the books and the ninja sub-genre :) Looking forward to your next exploits.

Kind Greetings

P.S. I couldn't find any serious mistakes neither in grammar nor in the structure of the expressions - good job mate!
  2. Аватара на Mach Rider
    Цитат Написано от TheGrimReaper
    Nice review indeed. It is quite evident that you are expressing your love towards the game, the books and the ninja sub-genre :) Looking forward to your next exploits.

Kind Greetings

P.S. I couldn't find any serious mistakes neither in grammar nor in the structure of the expressions - good job mate!
    Thank you for the feedback :)
  3. Аватара на Moro
    Lol
    I like the review... :)
    Do you know where can i find this book? Somehow i decided to read it... :)

I can't say whether you have mistakes in the structure of the expressions - my english is a little "rusty". But it is written in a stylish manner - easy to read and perceive.
  4. Аватара на Mach Rider
    The book pops up on eBay from time to time, relatively cheap. I'm not completely sure, but I think there was a pdf version floating around the net...
  5. Аватара на Moro
    If you ever notice the PDF, please download it for me. i couldn't find it in the net... Such a greenhorn i am...:)

Trackbacks